Sunday 27 October 2013

DIY: Bru Shawl & Glasgow Getup

Get the pattern here on Ravelry.

What better time to partake in a photoshoot than a dreary, drizzly, windy glasgow sunday afternoon.  No point in pretending it's sunny here, eh?

Or waiting on the sun to make an appearance either.  Might take a while.

Anyhoo, here are some little photos of a certain fizzy orange beverage inspired shawlette.  First comment & retweet on twitter gets a free copy :p





You can also grab it here on Ravelry or in my etsy store.




p.s.  do you have any idea how hard it is to take photies of a shawl in the wind?



Whilst we're on the subject, here are a few of my favourite glasgow based bands:

Belle & Sebastian, in particular 'she's losing it' with my favourite line right in the chorus, "when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing-up".  Also, mainly for the running-around-in-glasgow-so-lets-point-at-the-bits-we-know video, 'I'm a cuckoo'.

What's your favourite local band?  Comments so I can discover them all!

And, not to forget, I think 'The Dykeenies' might also be up there in my favourites, oh and 'We Were Promised Jetpacks'.  Now go play with youtube my lovely blog readers, google some glasgow bands.






6 comments:

  1. I think I know what my next project is going to be! It's gorgeous and the pictures look like it was worth going out in that weather. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a really satisfying wee outing! In my pyjamas :p

      Delete
  2. Love it! <3
    It is now on my to-do list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks so soft, have to make one or more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use stitch markers between pattern repeats, but in this pattern, that seems to mean that on rows5, 5, and 11, the whole of the pattern must move over by one stitch.
    Help, anyone?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...